package downloads in total from this page
Download TestApe unit test package
Below you find links to current and older version of the testape unit test package.
The package contains framework, documentation and instrumenter. You can choose
The latest official release is listed below. Latest beta release and older releases are
December 3rd 2011, Release 880
- MinGW support on windows machines.
TestApe can now be used with MinGW GCC on windows. TestApe will run on a wide variety of
platforms, enabling the developer to write the test and use them to develop and debug the
new code on the local windows environment - using gcc for compile validation and visual
studio for debugging. After code checkin, the same test can be part of a build process on
a linux based compile farm
- Validation of floating point values
Validations with a test defined level of precision and parameterized tests with
floating point variations have been added to the test system.
- Mocking of functions receiving or returning floating point values.
The mocking system now handles functions that either accepts or returns floating point
values - that includes automatic generation of default mocks for unresolved externals,
also if these are using floating points as well as mocking of clib functions with
arithmetic data types.
- New macro PARAMETER_RANGE_FP accepts floating point ranges and a delta value.
- Tests can be declared and executed with normal c style arguments.
- Arguments can be passed from commandline to testmain with --args switch.
- Support new versions of cl/link in Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010.
- Bugfix: ALLOW, EXPECT and SIMULATE will now work with functions defined with macro's.
- Bugfix: ALLOW_SIMULATE is now fixed.
- Bugfix: Version checking.
Notes on backward compatibillity
- Macro definition for ALLOW_SIMULATE, EXPECT_SIMULATE, ALLOW_VALIDATE and EXPECT_SIMULATE will now
evaluate value parameter twice. This might cause problems with tests written for release 791, if
this parameter is a function call with side effects.
- Macro definition for ALLOW, EXPECT, and SIMULATE will now macro expand function argument.
This may cause problems with tests written for release 791 that relies on this beeing a macro string
If you miss support for a certain linker or operating system or if you want
to report bugs or give ideas for improvements, please
the author. You can call,
use the forum
, or write an email.
Any feedback is very welcome - It is the feedback from TestApe users that will
continue to make new development worth the effort.
Newest features and latest bugfixes can be found here.
The changes are too small to jusitify a new release - instead these minor changes
will accumulate here until a new release is made.
There are currently no beta release available
The following is currently planned for future releases
- Tests for webtty to the package.
- Examples in command reference section
- Option to execute a single or a range of testcases from commandline based on testcase names.
- New names for test macros. Mock related functionality has left the naming a bit confusing and inconsistent.
- In target tests. Write tests and develop embedded code on pc - verify on target.
You are also welcome to add proposals on the forum here
If you need the older releases you will find them in this section.
April 2010, release 791
July 2008, release 556
june 2008, release 433
September 2007, release 408
October 2006, release 298
The latest headlines from Testape.com
TestApe Release 880 available, Dec 3rd 2011
New is this release are support for floating point validations and function mocking.
Also, MinGW has been added to the list of supported platforms.
Forum change, Mar 27th 2011
TestApe forum is now hosted on Proboards.
Support questions can be posted here or send directly on email. Due to
TestApe beta release available, Sep 27th 2011
TestApe can now be used with MinGW GCC on windows. Also supported in this beta are floating point types in
validations or when mocking functions
IPad update for WebTTY, May 15th 2011
A small fix for webtty scripts, to allow the usage from Apple IPads.
textarea to bring up IPad keyboard - you may have to scroll webpage
beneath keyboard, in order to actually see what you're typing.
TestApe Release 791 available, Apr 2nd 2010
This release contains a new flexible mocking system with default mocks automatically generated
for unresolved functions. Installation packages are available for GCC/Linux, GCC/CygWin as well
Visual Studio 2009/Windows XP or Vista.
TestApe beta version available, Jan 26th 2010
New beta version is now available for download. This is the last beta before official release.
The release supports an extensive mocking system.
Forum change, Mar 10th 2009
There is a change for the forum hosted on this site. The previous phpBB forum is closed for now.
All forum threads will be migrated to a new simple blog.